Thursday 9 December 2010

What snow?

Today me and my brother Nathan decided after getting over his Xbox dying that we would make that deadly decision and venture out into the snow and ride some kid bikes. Taking in my own advice I wrapped up with many layers and packed my bag full of very important things; old rags to dry my shoes and pedals and my camera to get footage.We were prepared and made our move, made it to the garage fine and the BMX that has been untouched in to long was still its good old self (ghetto as f**K) no punctures so all good.


Our point of riding was Vbridge which is about ten minute bike ride for me just located near Washington. The route there went pretty well apart from having to ride on quite a busy main road we made it in one piece without even having to walk (in your face snow!) So as we came down the slip road to our destination the sight that greeted us was something words cant describe in this climate, no snow or puddles in sight and a perfect roof over our heads with a nice street light, thank you very much a perfect rideable street spot with a selection of flat-banks, ledges, ghetto quarters and manual pads, perfect.


A soon as we got there the first thing that needed to be done was checking i can still bunny-hop, checked that off and riding began, managed to get a 540 on the large flatbank and few other things, but wont go to much into detail about tricks as an edit will be coming sometime next week! So me and Nathan took turns riding and filming throughout the time there and managed to a get a few clips together but overall just got to enjoy ourselves doing what we all like to do, riding kids bikes.
After a good bit of riding and some filming we decided to leave and head back home, heading home was not as easy as we had thought. I imagined a nice ride back after a good session riding my BMX but it wasn't that simple, thanks to work traffic we had to walk all the way along the main road as the road was just to busy for any attempt of riding on, so a ten minute bike ride turned into a forty minute mission home in knee deep snow carrying our bikes.


Overall a good day, edit of the riding will come soon, Stay BAB.

1 comment:

  1. brave man hitting the streets in the snow terror you still up for abit riding on thursday? think me ben n jake are going to grindon rails 2mora if the weathers ok

    ReplyDelete