Wednesday 24 November 2010

Mackem Interview with Mark "Dchum" Davis.

As I have moved up to the north I thought it was only rite that I got an interview going to give everyone including myself a little bit more knowledge and understanding about the mackems from a mackems point of view, so here we go a Q & A with Dchum.

What does it mean to be mackem?

It’s something I’ve never really thought about, but I’m proud of where I live, I love supporting the local team (Sunderland) and the BMX scene is as swift as it gets. Red & white army - mackem for life”

What’s a popular mackem food or foods?

“Chip butty splash and pease pudding hahaha without doubt the 2 greatest things ever!”

What about drinks?

“Double maxim from Sunderland”

What words in particular from the mackem dictionary do you use the most?

“hahaha erm hard one this why I man and mara”

A famous mackem story?

“It’s believed the term mackem was brought about when Sunderland had a booming ship industry the ships would be made here on the river wear then taken away hence the name mackem n tackem

Who is your mackem hero?

without doubt it has to be Wearside Jack”

Give me a little more insight into this Jack?

A Jack the ripper hoax from Sunderland who had the police running in circles, he evaded capture for about 36 year’s”

Did being mackem have an influence on your riding?

“It was a massive influence on my riding both NSF 1 & 2 were made here and they are the streets videos known to man. I once read a quote saying Sunderland is street and always will be and it's true even the daft park edits have a street vibe n H-man said the 2009 edit was the streetest park video he had ever seen. SBR

No comments:

Post a Comment